Sunday, March 22, 2009

Bill Raftery's Jock Itch For DaJaun Blair Continues Unabated

Raftery is killing it right now. I think he would literally take a bullet for Blair if it meant he could watch the big man work in the post a little bit longer. The thing is, I give almost all announcers a free pass because of my white hot hate of Hubie Brown, but Raftery splooging all over the airwaves after every Blair rebound is starting to wear on me. As for the tournament, now that O State is out all I really care about is catching the moment that Duke and UNC lose. Thats a two pronged sentence. OSU and Duke/UNC.

First OSU. At this point in my sports rooting career, I have no faith in good things happening. I constantly think there is a piano hanging above the teams I root for. And nothing the last couple years has made me reconsider my view. Let's take a look back through 00's.

2000-02 - Bengals suck, Reds Suck, OSU endures the Bellisari era.

2003 - Mo Clarett makes Sean Taylor look like a little bitch. Envisioning two more years of Mo Claw running buck wild I enroll at OSU. Mo Claw continues to run buck wild, but not on the field.

2005 - Bengals get derailed from a sure Super Bowl victory when Carson Palmer's knee is shredded. Fucking Pittsburgh.

Present - Bengals suck. Reds might suck. OSU can't beat Siena.

Okay, that was kind of cathartic. On to Duke and UNC. There has been so much hate directed at Duke running up to the tourney that it created a backlash. I'm not acknowledging said backlash because Duke is a blight on our sports landscape and deserves whatever unjust end they get. Although Coach K is a very good basketball coach and deserves a lot of praise for transforming Lebron into a defensive force, I get the feeling that he is a very evil dude. Like Dick Cheney evil. they're probably hunting buddies.

As for UNC - Hansbrough is my poster boy for overhyped not good enough for the NBA college players. He also seems like a grade a mental midget. The school itself only escapes the same wrath directed at Duke because silly people think you have to like one or the other of them. That is not the case. They both suck at life.

No comments:

Post a Comment