Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Who Does The Scheduling Around Here?


Last night, I was all pumped up to watch the Cavs play the Heat. Wade vs. Bron is one of my favorite matchups to watch when it comes to the NBA. And it's not because the two teams are evenly matched or that I have a vested interest in the outcome. It's because they always seem to raise each others competitive levels a couple notches. Everytime their teams square off it seems like they stop trying to be good teammates and just one up each other in sheer virtuoso performances. And I love that in small doses when it comes to sports. It isn't positive for their teams but for casual viewers of the game it is fantastic.


Of course when I turn my TV on to find where I can watch it I am confronted by fucking inane college basketball matchups. Really? Viewers out there would rather watch Providence and Villanova (I have no idea if that's who it was, I just saw college basketball and promptly whipped the controller out the window) go at it than Bron and Wade? I know people out there love to argue that college ball is more entertaining because, "they care more, no one in the NBA even tries hard until the playoffs. I'm a raging child molester!" Those people can go fuck themselves. Seriously, those are the kind of people that don't like basketball anyway, and probably have never watched the NBA. NBA players are busting their ass every game to make the playoffs. Can you really say that Dwyane Wade is just going through the motions until the mid april. He is moving heaven and earth this year to make the Heat just competitive. This makes me so mad. I think my point is that some unwatchable college game should not preempt one of the most entertaining matchups on the NBA schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment