Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Not Impressed

I had the distinct pleasure of sitting 6 rows behind the hoop for the performance Sly mentions below.

Despite it being a home game for the Knicks, the crowd was giving Kobe all kinds of love, chanting "M-V-P" and basically fighting over who would have the first chance to please him orally like that Heather chick from the internet.

Well, not me. Consider me unimpressed. As the game wound down, the Lakers committed a foul, which quieted the crowd. The players lined up along the lane, including Kobe, to await for the free throws. The momentary calm provided the perfect opportunity for me to stand up and yell for all to hear:

"Hey, Kobe, ZERO rebounds. ZERO. What now?!"

Yeah, that's right. 61 points, but 0 rebounds. I put that fucker in his place.

1 comment: